God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference. (Serenity Prayer, Reinhold Niebuhr)
Management (or managing) is the administration of an organization, whether it is a business, a not-for-profit organization, or government body. Management includes the activities of setting the strategy of an organization and coordinating the efforts of its employees (or of volunteers) to accomplish its objectives through the application of available resources, such as financial, natural, technological, and human resources (Wikipedia).
Peter Drucker's Five Point Definition of Management
- Making people's strengths effective and their weaknesses irrelevant.
- Enhancing the ability of people to contribute
- Integrating people in a common venture by thinking through, setting and exemplifying the organizational objectives, values and goals
- Enabling the enterprise and its members to grow and develop through training, developing and teaching
- Ensuring everyone knows what needs to be accomplished, what they can expect of you, and what is expected of them